Wednesday, April 8, 2009








The weather was not very great today. It is overcast with off and on rain and windy. I think this is somewhat typical for Belgium. We went out today and bought a birthday present for Colin, when he wasn't looking.

The trash system is a little confusing over here. Plastics have to go into blue plastic bags, paper into yellow bags, food waste into green bags or green bins and all other into white bags. You have to buy the colored trash bags at the store. You would think that all of the stores carried all of the bag colors, but they don't. The store across the street sells grey bags - for what??? All glass is either brought back to the stores for a deposit or can be dumped into glass recycling bins on the street. I have been bring a few bottles with me each time I go out.

Yesterday afternoon I brought the kids into the courtyard to ride their bikes around. Chloe was so cute and Colin was playing with a little boy whose apartment was on the ground floor. He is the little spec with the yellow helmet.

The other day we met a few Americans while on a walk. They were here for work and I am going to meet up with one of the wives for lunch/coffee tomorrow. They are wrapping up a 10 week trip and she has all kinds of weekend length trips she is going to tell me about. She is a retired principal from Kentucky and I can tell already that she is very organized and thorough. She is also going to introduce me to another woman who is here from Australia with a 10 month old. I will let you know how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-8402256-4