Monday, April 6, 2009


Things are finally starting to come together around here.

The movers brought all 591 lbs of our stuff today. It is going to be a challange to try an figure out where to fit it all. This apartment is not very big. It is only a 2 bedroom and there are no closets. You would think it was Christmas here today. The kids are having so much fun seeing their toys again. Over the past few days, they have been fighting over a Dora doll, 3 rubber duckies (that were here) and a few other toys. Colin has been pretending that the writing utensil attached by the string to the etch a sketch, is a snake. Chloe has been playing with the socks that we have been hanging on our drying rack.

I starting to really feel like a real resident. I signed up for my Carrefour food store card and am earning points towards 1 free pass to Euro Disney. At least that is what I think it is for since I can't understand the brouchure. I was floored today in the food store when I saw a bottle of French's Yellow Mustard in the American section for 4,22 Euros!! I don't think I have ever paid more than 99 cents for it at home. There really isn't much else in the American section other than Jiffy Pop microwave popcorn. Last night we ate hamburgers but it really didn't taste like beef, more like spicy sausage. I don't think we are going to get that again.

We have been trying to get out of the apartment as much as possible. You could walk down the same street 10 times and still not see everything. There are restuarants everywhere, it is amazing that they are all able to make it. Even though the weather tends to be overcast and quite often rainy, there is outdoor seating at almost every restuarant and many people ride bikes.

TV is pretty awful here. Even though we have hundreds of channels, I still caught Craig watching Knight Rider because it was the best thing on. Last night we were watching the British version of Cops. It was really funny, especially when one of the cops called a lady he pulled over lovey.
I am starting to add all of our pictures into a flickr account. Here is the link.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, what an amazing change of scenery! Glad you're getting settled...and I'm sure in no time you'll be finding BOGO and other great deals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds just like a NYC apt!
    Ikea sells these rolling drawers that fit under the bed that might be helpful. And I know there is an Ikea in Belgium, cause I drove past one near Brussels when I was there like 10 years ago LOL.

    There have got to be more Ikeas. . . and Belgium is only so big. Best of luck finding a place for everything.

    ReplyDelete

UA-8402256-4