Thursday, April 9, 2009

Hallelujah


We now have a washer AND a dryer. It has made my day! There was a washing machine in the apartment. We had planned on buying a dryer when we got here, but the space was too small for both. With the permission of the landlord, we bought a combo washer/dryer. It is still really small and only holds about the amount of clothes you could fit into a bucket. If I read the instructions correctly the whole washing and drying cycle should take around 5-6 hours!!! No I am not kidding. I am already looking forward to getting home to my high efficency large washer and dryer.

Today I met up with my new friend Yvette from Kentucky for lunch. She brought me to this cute cafe for a sandwich and a coffee. Afterwards, we came back to our apartment and we went through her travels books and maps. She told me about all kinds of places she thought we would enjoy and how long each stop/trip took. I took a lot of notes. It was great.
I told Craig that I felt like we lived on Bourbon Street without all of the drunkeness. The nicer the weather gets, the more people come out. Many of the shops move their merchandise outside onto the street and the cafes bring their tables out. It is going to be beautiful tomorrow and I am sure the street will be mobbed. The entrance for our parking garage is on the next street which is very similar to this. I don't know how Craig gets in without running people over besides the fact that he is driving right next to peoples dinner tables!!


The picture posted is outside our window looking towards Grote Markt.






2 comments:

  1. OMG! You guys made it! It sounds so fun, what an adventure! Alex and I were just laughing; we had the same washer/dryer combo in our first apt. in Capital Hill in DC- too funny. Glad you all are well; love the blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh sorry that was from Emily

    ReplyDelete

UA-8402256-4