Monday, April 27, 2009

First Day of School

After talking with an American friend we have here, we decided to enroll Colin into a Belgian school. She enrolled her daughter a year ago and she is speaking fluent Flemish already. My friend brought me over to the school to see the classroom and meet the teacher on Friday. I was surprised how similar the classroom setup and structure was to what Colin had at Campbell's. Belgium provides public schooling from age 2 1/2! I just picked up Colin and we had lunch at the playground. He was so excited to go back this afternoon. He told me that he will know all of the words soon! His teacher told me that he did great this morning. Our friend, Lily, is also in his class and is helping him.

I also brought Chloe to a developmental playgroup this morning. She was so happy to be around other kids and sing songs!

2 comments:

  1. it sounds like so much fun, will you ever want to come back?? : ) enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shand Family,
    Just letting you know that we miss you all, but are so excited by all the adventures you are having. It will be awesome when Colin learns Flemish!! Give a kiss to Chloe and Colin from Aunt Maureen and Uncle Fred. ps.. Some of my staff at work are following your blog and lovin' it.
    Be well and continue to have fun

    ReplyDelete

UA-8402256-4